Finding the right personal injury attorney for your case can be intimidating given the sheer number of options. The attorney you hire should not only be experienced, but someone that you can be certain has your best interest at heart. In order to make an informed decision, you will need to set up an initial consultation, which most personal injury attorneys offer free of charge.
Detroit personal injury attorney Maurice Davis understands that choosing the right lawyer can be intimidating. He offers a free initial consultation so you can get to know him and ask any questions you may have. Contact Davis Injury Lawyers today at (313) 462-7979 to schedule a free consultation.
Questions to Ask a Detroit Personal Injury Attorney
Before your initial consultation, you should prepare a list of questions that you would like to ask the attorney. The following list of questions will help you assess the attorney’s level of experience and whether they are best suited to obtain the compensation you deserve.
- How long have you been practicing law in Michigan?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- What percentage of your practice is focused on personal injury cases?
- How many personal injury cases have you taken to trial and what were the results?
- Do other law firms/attorneys refer personal injury cases to you?
- Have you handled personal injury cases like mine before? If so, did any of them go to trial?
- How much do you think my case is worth?
- How long do you expect it will take to resolve my case?
- Do cases like mine usually settle out of court or go to trial?
- Do you foresee any issues or difficulties with my case?
- If I am not satisfied with a settlement offer, are you prepared to take the case to trial?
- Will you be the attorney that is actually handling my case?
- Will anyone else will be working on my case (i.e. paralegals, experts, law clerks)? If so, what is their experience?
- How often will I receive updates about my case?
- Will I be able to speak directly with the attorney working on my case if I have questions or concerns?
- What is my role in the case?
- What is your current caseload? Do you have the necessary time to devote to my case?
- Do you have the necessary staffing and financial resources to take on my case?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from some of your past clients?
- Has your license ever been suspended or revoked? If so, why?
- What is your reputation among your peers?
- Are you a member of any professional organizations? If so, which ones?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- What is your fee arrangement?
- If we lose, will I be responsible for any out-of-pocket expenses?
Contact Our Experienced Detroit Personal Injury Lawyers Today
At Davis Injury Lawyers, a talented Detroit personal injury lawyer can listen to your story, help you determine whether a personal injury lawsuit is an option in your case, and explain the possible outcomes if you decide to pursue a claim in court.
We are dedicated to providing knowledgeable representation, outstanding client service, and skilled legal advocacy in every case. We have experience handling a wide array of personal injury cases including:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
If you’ve been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, let us put our experience, skills, and resources to work for you. Call us today at (313) 462-7979 to schedule a free consultation.