Detroit Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle AccidentsGet Help Now. Dial Davis. Call (888) Dial Davis
Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries due to the limited protection of riders. Even when appropriate helmets and protective clothing is worn, injuries can be life threatening and medical bills may be high. If you have been injured, a Detroit other motor vehicle accidents lawyer at Davis Injury Lawyers, PLLC can help you deal with the legal issues while you focus on recovery. Contact us today at (313) 462-7979.
Types of Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person or company, the law may afford financial compensation for your losses. Here are some of the types of compensation that the lawyers at Davis Injury Lawyers, PLLC have recovered for our clients:
- Medical expenses – In most motorcycle accidents, the rider’s body comes into direct contact with another vehicle or the pavement. Accordingly, some level of medical care is almost always required. Your personal injury claim may compensate you for out-of-pocket medical expenses and future care for those resulting injuries.
- Lost wages – An injury following a bike crash can you leave you temporarily or permanently unable to work. As personal injury lawyers, our job includes ensuring that you are not in a less advantageous position as a result of the negligence of another. We will fight to recover your lost wages and compensation for any reduced capacity to work that you have incurred due to a motorcycle collision.
- Pain and suffering – This is a category of compensation which seeks to put a money value of intangible damages resulting from your injuries. Pain and suffering includes compensation for any physical pain or even emotional anguish.
- Physical impairment or disfigurement – Physical injuries may result in temporary or permanent impairment or disfigurement. You may require alterations to your home or other property due to those physical changes.
- Property expenses – Property damage is common in accidents involving a bike. Your claim may include a recovery for repair expenses or the replacement value of the motorcycle.
There amount of financial recovery available to motorcycle accident victims varies. It is, therefore, important that you discuss your specific situation with an experienced Michigan personal injury lawyer.
Why Do You Need a Detroit Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Many auto accidents can result in a legal claim for compensation. However, unlike accidents involving cars or trucks, there are some specific issues that may arise in a motorcycle crash that make it imperative that you have a lawyer on your side.
- Helmet and other gear defects – Personal injury claims can arise against the designer, manufacturer, and seller of your helmet or other gear. Many technical legal issues are generated by defective motorcycle equipment. A Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer can best understand and deal with those matters.
- Road conditions – A motorcycle is more susceptible to road conditions than many other motor vehicles. Potholes and uneven roadways can cause dangerous situations. Your legal claim for compensation may involve the government or a construction company if your accident was negligently or recklessly caused by road conditions.
- Defective motorcycle parts – Tires, engines, brakes, and other motorcycle parts can be defective. They may be designed, manufactured, or advertised in a way that causes them to be dangerous when used according to reasonable expectations. A Michigan personal injury lawyer can help you deal with a claim against large companies that manufacture and sell motorcycles and parts.
You should never try to handle your personal injury claim alone. At Davis Injury Lawyers, PLLC, we are equipped with the resources necessary to investigate and prepare your claim. We will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. Contact a Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer today at (313) 462-7979 to schedule a consultation.